TOPS Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise to the Challenge!

2 posters

Go down

Rise to the Challenge! Empty Rise to the Challenge!

Post  Kyle Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:38 am

From Denise Austin:

Rise to the Challenge!

Ever wonder how professional athletes are born? Sure, they have tremendous talent that lets them run faster, jump higher, or hit the ball harder than the average person. But these men and women couldn't reach their level of success if they didn't push themselves — physically and mentally. And that's really the key to accomplishing any feat!

If your workouts aren't challenging enough, you risk getting bored and then losing interest altogether. And when you perform the same routine over and over again, your body gets used to these movements and eventually starts running on cruise control — and that's when you might notice that the scale isn't budging.

Never be afraid to turn things up a notch! Switch up your routine — in every aspect of your life! Do things you've never done before. Tired of the treadmill? Get in step with salsa dancing! Sick of cooking the same meals? Experiment with different flavors by using vegetables, herbs, and spices you've never tried before!

And when you meet these challenges, you'll see that the rewards are huge! You'll improve your body, expand your mind, gain self-confidence — and you'll be living proof that anything's possible! Give it a try!
Kyle
Kyle
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Chapter : Oh 1676
Registration date : 2008-11-03

https://topsohio.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rise to the Challenge! Empty Re: Rise to the Challenge!

Post  Jean D. Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi Kyle,

Liked you post, made me think of what the definition of a champion might be.

I think if we all do all the things you list in your post, then we can all be champions in our own little way.

There are quotes on the walls for inspiration where I work and here is one I really like that I read over and over everytime I walk the halls in the mornings when I get to work earlier than I need to be there. I would like to share it with you.

"Champions aren't made in gyms. They are made from something deep inside of them, a dream, a desire, a vision." Muhammed Ali

I have a dream to lose some weight and be healthier. That is my desire. Let's hope it is strong enough to carry me along for one more day and that is today! I'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Also, thanks to all that organized the Christmas Pary last night at Champs. It was great fun.

Have a great day everyone.

Jean clown

Jean D.

Number of posts : 10
Chapter : 1676
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down